Friday, April 28, 2017

Book Beginnings: The Fall of Lord Drayson by Rachael Anderson


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading, along with your initial thoughts/impressions. 

This week I'm featuring The Fall of Lord Drayson by Rachael Anderson.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31696962-the-fall-of-lord-drayson

Miss Lucy Beresford, the late vicar's daughter, had been instructed by her loving parents to always tell the truth.  It was the good and moral thing to do, and Lucy doted on them, so she had striven to follow the wise counsel.

My thoughts:
It's an interesting start and makes me think she's gonna be telling a whopper of a lie soon enough, though.

What's the first line (or so) of the book you're currently reading?  Leave a comment and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just starting Uncloaked. The first line is......"THEY'VE WON. GOD HELP US."
    Can't wait to see what's up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great opener! I loved The Uncloaked and hope you do, too! :)

      Delete