Thursday, August 5, 2021

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: The Treble with Murder (The School of Hard Rocks Mysteries #1) by Christy Barritt

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring another one from Christy Barritt, The Treble with Murder (The School of Hard Rocks Mysteries #1). It's the start of another new series from her. This one has more of a cozy mystery-vibe to it. It seems like just when I finish her latest release, she's got a new one already out. I don't know how she does it!

About the Book
Camryn Paine has an ear for music . . . and for trouble.

When public relations expert Camryn Paine’s alma mater requests her help, she agrees to do some image intervention for the music conservatory. She’s thrown into the thick of things her first day on the job when she witnesses a student drop dead during a talent show sound check.

Camryn’s unique auditory abilities lead her to suspect foul play. The more questions she asks, the clearer it becomes that something is amiss at the school. She’s determined to crack the case before any more dead bodies are found.

Unfortunately, her abilities also make Camryn a threat to a killer who doesn’t want anyone to hear the truth. Will she solve this case and redeem the conservatory’s reputation? Or will her body be the next one to take center stage?

Book Beginnings
Years of therapy have helped me to realize that everyone has issues. Some of us just hide ours better than others.

Friday 56
"If there's something I've learned over the years, it's that you've only got one life to live, so you've got to make choices you can live with. That's exactly what I did."

What have you been reading lately?

20 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds like great fun! I love the idea of Camryn having extra abilities that just give her a little edge over everyone else. I also like the sound of both of the quotes a lot. And some authors really have a super high writing pace, don't they? I hope you enjoy it and have a great weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I'm having such a hard time keeping up with all her new books. But I guess it's a good thing to have too much from a favorite author to read instead of too little. Thanks for coming by! Hope you have a great weekend too! :)

      Delete
  2. What an awesome story! Great excerpts, too, and here are mine: “THE GUILT TRIP”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a lovely weekend! :)

      Delete
  3. Love both snippets! That begnning is so true! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's so true! Thanks for visiting! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. I don't think I will ever be able to read her books, or when I finally do, read everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her backlist is a little daunting, to say the least. There's so many that I still need to read, but I read at least one or two from her every month. I feel like I'll never catch up, lol. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  5. I've never read this author, but love the excerpt about everyone having issues. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too because it's so true. Thanks for visiting! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. This looks like another fun one. And that title totally made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did me too! I thought it was so clever. Thanks for coming by! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. I like reading her books and didn't know she had another series out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She releases new books so fast it's hard to keep up, lol. Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading! :)

      Delete