Friday, June 22, 2018

Book Beginnings + Friday 56: Singularity (The Jevin Banks Experience #2) by Steven James

Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader that asks you to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you're reading. Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice and asks you to grab a book (any book), turn to page 56 or 56% in your ereader and share a non-spoilery sentence or two.

This week I'm featuring Singularity (The Jevin Banks Experience #2) by Steven James.

About the Book
When his friend is murdered, illusionist Jevin Banks is determined to find out what really happened. Drawn into a web of conspiracy and top-secret research on human consciousness, Jevin won't stop digging until the truth is revealed. Soon he uncovers a dark secret--one that could change the very fabric of human life on the planet.

Bristling with mystery, suspense, and intrigue, Singularity is the second riveting book in The Jevin Banks Experience. Readers will devour this scientific thriller, flipping pages late into the night until the final shocking page.
 




Book Beginning
15 miles northeast of Las Vegas, Nevada
Plyotech Cybernetics
Research & Development Facility
Sublevel 4
9:32 PM

"Cream? Sugar?"

"No. Black. Thank you." Thad Becker had learned early on in this business not to allow anyone to add things to his drinks or season what he ate. It was a delicate balance - showing trust and exhibiting prudence. But in the end you can either be careful of you can pay the price.

Friday 56 (56% on my Kindle)
"This is a dangerous world you're poking your nose into, Mr. Banks. I would suggest that you leave it alone, but I'm guessing that since you've come this far, that's not going to be enough to convince you."

What have you been reading lately?

14 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the words "scientific thriller" I was intrigued. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That definitely intrigued me too. Thanks for stopping by, Breana! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm totally intrigued, just by the title!! Singularity is a fascinating subject! Sounds great too by the quotes.

    Here is mine this week: http://bit.ly/Fri56Tooth

    Have a lovely weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned so much about the singularity by reading this book. It's so fascinating and a little scary! Thanks for visiting, Sassy! Hope you have a lovely weekend too! :)

      Delete
  3. Good choice, not allowing someone to add something to his drink. It's good to be suspicious.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “SURPRISE ME”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely good to be suspicious, especially in his line of work. Thanks for coming by, Laurel-Rain! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. That sounds smart but it also sounds incredibly stressful to have to be that paranoid. I haven't read many scientific thrillers so I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Singularity and the first book in this series, Placebo, were the first scientific thrillers I've read and I really enjoyed them. Very different, but super interesting. Thanks for stopping by, Katherine! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds interesting. I don't think I've read a scientific thriller yet. This week I have a book that has been on TBR mountain way too long - A Rumor of Bones by Beverly Connor. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very interesting and made me think about a lot of things I'd never given a thought to. Thanks for visiting, Kathy! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  6. An illusionist and research into the human conscious . . . That's sure to get my attention. This sounds like it will be good. I hope you are enjoying it, Ashley! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great and interesting read! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend! :)

      Delete
  7. While reading, I could picture this as a movie. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make an awesome movie! Thanks for visiting, Freda! Happy weekend! :)

      Delete